PLEASE NOTE THAT INFORMATION FOR THE 2013-14 ACADEMIC YEAR IS ANTICIPATED TO BE AVAILABLE IN JUNE.
2012-13 Enrollment/Waiver Instructions
Please note the following procedures for enrolling/waiving health insurance coverage for the 2012-2013 academic year. All enrollments/waivers must be completed using the online process outlined below.
NOTE: If waiving coverage, please have information about your current health care coverage available.
- Go to www.firststudent.com
- Select your school, "Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Population Health" from the drop down menu, then click "Continue".
- Read through the information on the welcome page.
- Click on either the "Enroll Now" or "Waive Your School's Insurance" link from the orange menu on the left.
- From the enrollment or waiver page, click the corresponding link to begin the process.
- Log in by entering your Date of Birth and your Student ID# (Campus Key). Do NOT enter your Social Security Number.
- Complete the online waiver or enrollment form and then print out the confirmation and keep it for your records.
Please contact the Office of Student Life at (215) 503-8189 if you experience any of the following:
- Your Campus Key or Date of Birth was not accepted
- You gave incorrect information about your current health care coverage
- You encountered other difficulties while attempting to complete the process
FACT Students and ALL SUMMER Start Students
Students that are enrolled in the FACT Nursing program or another summer start program will need to complete the insurance requirement for two academic years. When students begin their program in the summer, they will need to complete an insurance waiver/enrollment for the remainder of the 2012-13 academic year. This waiver/enrollment will be in effect for the months of May, June, July, and August. In July, students will then need to complete the health insurance waiver/enrollment process for the new academic year (2013-14), which starts September 1st. Students should follow the instructions above to complete the process online for both academic years.
Incoming Students for January
Students that will be starting their academic program in the spring semester (January) will need to complete the insurance requirement for the remainder of the 2012-13 academic year. This waiver/enrollment will be in effect for the months of January through August 2013. Students will then need to complete the health insurance requirement in July for the new academic year (2013-14), which starts September 1st. Students should follow the instructions above to complete the process online.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Student Life at 215-503-8189 or via email at StudentLife@jefferson.edu