Thomas Jefferson University & Muhlenberg College
3 + 3 DPT
Earn the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from Muhlenberg and the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from Jefferson School of Health Professions within six years after graduation from high school.
Apply for admission to the 3+3 BS/DPT or BA/DPT program using the regular Muhlenberg undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first three years at Muhlenberg and then proceed to Jefferson for the final three years of Physical Therapy coursework. Earn your Bachelor of Science degree in Biology or Natural Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in dance, psychology or sociology after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson School of Health Professions. Jefferson awards a doctor of physical therapy degree after successful completion of the third year at JSHP.
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- SAT I scores must be 1280 or higher from the Critical Reading and Math sections or ACT composite
of 29 or higher
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Complete an undergraduate Muhlenberg College admissions application by January 1
- Personal interview with Muhlenberg College Admissions before January 1
- Completed supplemental application (including letter of intent) to Muhlenberg College Office of Admission
before January 1 of senior year
- Official high school transcripts
- Official SAT I test scores
- Activities resume (including PT hours)
- Application fee.
- 3 years in the BS in Biology or Natural Science or the AB in Psychology or Sociology
program at Muhlenberg
- Credits earned during the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of the
Muhlenberg College degree
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is awarded by Thomas Jefferson University after
successful completion of 3 years at Jefferson.
- Students must earn at least a 3.0 overall GPA and in the sciences
- A grade of at least 'C' is required to transfer prerequisite coursework to Jefferson
For more information, please contact
Read more about the partnership on Muhlenberg’s website or read about the DPT program on JSHP’s website.