Thomas Jefferson University is an internationally recognized academic health center with over $140,000,000 in sponsored biomedical research programs that provide a wide variety of opportunities for student research training. Jefferson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences offers academic programs leading to the MS and PhD degrees in a variety of biomedical areas. Additional information about graduate training opportunities at Jefferson can be accessed from our web site.
Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Information for Summer 2014 coming soon!
For additional information, please contact:
Office of Admissions
Jefferson Graduate School of
Thomas Jefferson University
1020 Locust Street, Suite M-46
Philadelphia, PA 19107-6799
In an effort to acquaint you with our academic programs and areas of ongoing research, Jefferson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences sponsors summer research positions that provide opportunities for upper-level undergraduate students (those who have completed their junior year), to work in the laboratories of active faculty researchers. The program is designed to provide a rich experience for those students interested in pursuing their graduate studies in the biomedical sciences.
Highlights of the Program Include
- A stipend of $3,500 and an allowance for campus housing
- A ten-week research experience from May 28 through August 2, 2013
- Research experience with world-renowned faculty whose research areas include:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Cancer Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Genetics, Genomics & Cancer Biology
- Immunology & Microbial Pathogenesis
- Molecular Pharmacology & Structural Biology
- Systems Biology
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine