Requirements for Matriculation
(Updated June 13, 2013)
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson Medical College. The information on this page will be updated periodically in the weeks preceding Orientation Week. Please check this page regularly for updates. Updated items are indicated with a symbol (§).
Prior to your matriculation, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- § Final Transcript
Please have an official final transcript sent to: Office of Admissions - Jefferson Medical College, 1015 Walnut Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- § Student Health Form
It is absolutely imperative that you complete and return the Pre-Matriculation Physical Evaluation Form following the instructions contained on the front page of the pre-matriculation student health record. The form can be found at the bottom of the Student Services web page on the University Health Service's site.
Submit Student Medical Records to University Health Services 30 days before the first day of class.
Begin this process as soon as possible. It may take up to EIGHT WEEKS for this process to be completed.
- This is a very time intensive process. Review the forms IMMEDIATELY to understand the requirements.
- All forms must be COMPLETE 30 days prior to the first day of class. Please review with your doctor the exact requirements.
- Non-compliant students will face financial penalties as well as restriction from online course content/grades and clinical activities.
- If you are a CURRENT JEFFERSON EMPLOYEE, you must still visit UHS and update your records.
- Go to the Student Services web page on the University Health Service's site. Your program is in Tier 2.
- Read and print the appropriate forms to understand the requirements.
- Questions may be addressed by the UHS staff at
(215) 503-9530 or by emailing to JeffUHS@jeffersonhospital.org
- All pre-matriculation health forms and documentation must be submitted through the American Data Bank tracking system. Please register for an account using your jefferson.edu e-mail address. There is a $25 annual subscription fee that can be paid by credit card on the company's website.
- § Health Insurance Information
Health insurance is required for all students at Jefferson Medical College. If you are currently covered under an existing plan through a parent or spouse, you may request to waive the plan.
- § Special Accommodations
If you require special accommodations, please contact Karen Glaser, PhD as early as possible at
- § International Students
Please contact Janice Bogen, Office of International Affairs by email or at (215) 503-4335.
- § Campus Key & Email
The Campus Key is your personal identifier that allows access to information resources on campus. Please click the following link to access your Campus Key. Please read the Jeff IT Letter to Incoming Students for technical information you need to know.
- Orientation Program (Tentative) (Students are required to attend Orientation. Orientation will be the week of July 30, 2013. Please see last year's schedule for a tentative program.)
- Permanent Mailing Online Form (Address Update)
- First-Year Welcome
- White Coat Ceremony
- § White Coat Name Tag and Size Form
- § JMC Honor Code/Shared Code of Values
The students of JMC are proud of the honor code they have written and are committed to its values. Honor Code and the Code of Shared Professional Values
- § Summer Reading for all Incoming Students: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. The book discussion will take place during the first small group session in September. The first-year text book is The Behavioral Sciences and Health Care 3rd Edition by Olle Jane Z. Sahler and John E. Carr. Please also note required Summer Reading For Non-Science Majors
Students can purchase all books for required reading and suggested reading at the Jefferson Bookstore and receive 10% off the publisher's list price. Call 1-888-TJU-BOOK, or visit the bookstore's web site.
- § Please complete a Readiness Assessment for the Molecular and Celular Basis of Medicine (MCBM) course. Please do this as soon as possible, but no later than August 4, 2013. To do so, log into Blackboard using your JMC campus key and your JMC password. Then, click on the Courses tab, and click on “201301.BIOC.105.01 Molec & Cell Basis of Medicine”, read the Welcome in the Announcements content area, and go to the Readiness Assessment.
- § Introduction to Clinical Medicine (ICM) exam schedule
- § Required & Recommended Medical Instruments
- § First-Year Academic Calendar
- JMC Class of 2016
Join the JMC Class of 2016 Facebook site to meet fellow students and keep up with the latest news. You need to be logged into Facebook to access the group.
- § Jeff IT Wireless Information
Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in your inability to access BANNER, the JMC student information system.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at registration!