Department of Human Resources
Managing the Jefferson Transfer Process
What is the procedure for transfer within Jefferson?
It is the policy of Jefferson to promote its employees' career development by providing and encouraging the use of the Transfer Program. Transfer opportunities are utilized as a means for upward mobility within Jefferson and the Jefferson Health System.
Eligibility for Participation
To qualify for a transfer within Jefferson or the Jefferson Health System, the following requirements must be met:
- The completion of a minimum of one (1) year of service in the current position.
- A Performance evaluation completed in the last year of effective or better.
- Attendance record acceptable by Jefferson policy guidelines.
- No written warnings within the last 12 months.
What do I need to do?
- Employees applying for job opportunities must utilize the PeopleSoft Self-Service system
- Your qualifications and most recent performance evaluation will then be reviewed by the appropriate Placement Specialist and hiring supervisor (if skills and background are appropriate).
- Before an interview with a hiring supervisor takes place, you must notify your current supervisor of the position for which you are being considered.
- In arranging transfer, the salary offer and start date will be coordinated by the Placement Specialist. Transfer will take place within one month from the date of offer.
For more information, please contact the HR Service Center at (215) 503-8100 or HRQuestions@Jefferson.edu.