Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
The Jefferson Digestive Disease Institute (JDDI) offers a full range of clinical services in gastroenterology and hepatology, including diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, motility and liver transplantation. The ambulatory care facilities at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital consists of a newly renovated suite which comprises the outpatient, administrative, and secretarial offices for the academic Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
New & Newsworthy
- Welcome new Medical Director of Liver Transplantation - David Sass, MD - and new Liver Tumor Center Medical Director - Jesse Civan, MD.
- Jefferson Gastroenterology welcomes our new fellows.
- Save the date for our upcoming Clinical Advances in Gastroenterology and Hepatology CME course in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico February 15-16, 2014.
- In the press:
- Stephanie Moleski, MD featured in a November 4, 2013 philly.com blogpost about tennis star Novak Djokovic's gluten-free diet.
- Division chief and Celiac Center Director Anthony Dimarino Jr., MD quoted in June 23, 2013 Philadelphia Inquirer article on Celiac diets.
- Hepatitis C Center Director Jonathan Fenkel, MD quoted in June 25, 2013 Jefferson blog post and May 31, 2013 article in Medical Marketing and Media.
- Congrats to Anthony DiMarino Jr., MD, Steven Herrine, MD, Anthony Infantolino, MD, David Kastenberg, MD, and Thomas Kowalski, MD for being named 2013 "Top Docs" by Philadlephia Magazine.
- Thanks to Willis Maddrey, MD for an outstanding 2 days with our division in this year's James L.A. Roth Visiting Professorship.
- Congratulations to Howard Kroop, MD and David Kastenberg, MD - named 2012 Top Physicians by South Jersey Magazine.
- Our Division was ranked First in Philadelphia for Gastroenterology in 2012 by US News & World Report.
- Congratulations to Dr. Satish Rattan on the renewal of his NIH grant
- Introducing the Jefferson Celiac Center – the first center solely dedicated to treating adult celiac disease in Philadelphia. Read more: Jefferson opens Celiac Center | Philadelphia Business Journal