Jefferson School of Nursing
Nurse Anesthesia Scholarship Award Program
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Frankford Hospital's physician services (FHCS) and Christiana are committed to providing scholarships to Thomas Jefferson University, School of Nursing, Nurse Anesthesia students in return for a post graduation employment commitment. Scholarships cover 50% of the total tuition cost of the program. The awards will be granted in two phases, upon completion of 15 months in the Nurse Anesthesia Program and after 27 months of study.
Selection of recipient (s) will be made by representatives of the School of Nursing, the Nurse Anesthesia Program Director and a representative of the Anesthesia unit from the awarding institution.
Students enrolled into the Nurse Anesthesia Program entering their second year of study are eligible for these competitive scholarships. Criteria for application, award and continuance of the scholarship are:
- Acceptance into the Nurse Anesthesia Program and progression to the senior year.
- U.S citizen or permanent resident.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater.
- Completion of scholarship application.
- Submission of signed contract.
- Maintenance GPA, and satisfactory clinical status.
- Submission of professional CV.
- 2 Letters of recommendations.
- TJU Nurse Anesthesia Program Director and Jefferson School of Nursing (JSN) will inform all students of the available scholarship.
- Once the applicant has been admitted to the program and completed one year, he/she may apply for the scholarship.
- The JSN will notify the students that applications will be available on the school web site: http://www.jefferson.edu/nursing, then click on the scholarships link. Applications must be submitted by January 1 to:
Mary G. Schaal, RN, EdD
Dean, Jefferson School of Nursing
Thomas Jefferson University
130 s. 9th Street, Suite 1252
Philadelphia PA, 19107
- CRNA program Director and JSN will recommend selected applicants for the interview to the awarding agency.
- The awarding agency will notify the CRNA Program Director, and JSN of the students to whom scholarship(s) will be offered.
- Selection committee will notify the applicants and make awards of scholarship on or about March 1st.
- Recipients must attend a pre-award meeting to finalize the contract.
- Recipients must complete and return the US Department of Health and Human Services Statement of Appointment - Form PHS 2271, which is found at the following link http://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms.htm
- Jefferson Nurse Anesthesia Scholarship Award Program Application (10 KB Adobe pdf file)
- Qualifying Criteria for Consideration (10 KB Adobe pdf file)