Jefferson School of Nursing
Student News and Publications
Jefferson School of Nursing Students Recognized at Class Night Awards
Jefferson School of Nursing Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) students were recognized for their exceptional work and performance at the Class Night Awards on August 21, 2013.
DNP students who received awards included:
- Dr. Colleen Ditro, who received the Susan Schrand Award. This award recognizes a graduating DNP student who has demonstrated outstanding professionalism, leadership and advocacy at the local, regional or national level.
- Dr. Denise Ellison, who received the Sandra Festa Ryan Award. This award recognizes a graduating DNP student who has demonstrated outstanding creativity and innovation in advocating for advanced nursing practice.
- Dr. Melanie Wassel, who received outstanding recognition for her practice inquiry project, Improving Heart Failure Self-Management through Interactive Patient Education.
MSN students who received recognition for their outstanding capstone projects included:
- Jaclyn Cammarata, Pediatrics Nurse Practitioner tract, Evaluation of Prenatal Breastfeeding Education and Successful Breastfeeding Rates in Lower-Income Pregnant Women
- Christina Choyce, Community Systems Administration tract, Factors that Effect Nurse Engagement in a Shared Governance Model
- Iryna Danylyuk, Family Nurse Practitioner tract, Hyperbilirubinemia: A New Perspective in Management of Diabetic Nephropathy
- Molly Hanson, Adult Care Practitioner tract, The Impact of Palliative Care Consultation on Hospital Costs and Quality Outcomes
- Louis Ferri, Informatics tract, Biomedical Device Integration: A Research Methodology Prototype towards Reducing Nursing Documentation Time
- Melinda Paul, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner tract, Oxygen Administration to Preterm Neonates in the Delivery Room: Minimizing Oxidative Stress
- Colleen Setzenfand, Adult Oncology Nurse Practitioner tract, Post Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting: Improving Assessment
- Stephanie Smiley, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner tract, Management of Endometriomas, Related Pelvic Pain, Infertility and Recurrence
- Marie Wilson, Acute care Nurse Practitioner tract, Improving Outcomes by Optimizing Sleep Opportunities in the Critically Ill Patient
Pictured in photo from left to right - Molly Hanson, Iryna Danyluk, Colleen Setzenfand, Marie
Wilson, Melinda Paul, Jaclyn Cammarata, Stephanie Smiley, Christina Choyce, and Louis Ferri.