Kathleen C. Ashton, PhD, APRN, BC, Professor:
• Was appointed Director at Large, Philadelphia Chapter of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
• Co-authored “Critical care malpractice issues” with P. Iyer, B. Levin, J. Beerman and V. Powell” in Nursing Malpractice, (4th edition) (pp. 109-130), Tucson, AZ: Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company, Inc. in 2011
• Presented the paper “Report of the TJU Global Health Task Force” at the JSN Faculty Retreat in May
• Gave the invited paper presentation “Research: Getting to the Heart of the Matter” at the Northeast Regional Legal Nurse Consultant Conference in Northampton, Massachusetts in October
Ann Gibbons Phalen, PhD, CRNP, NNP-BC, Assistant Professor:
• Co-authored “Glucose homeostasis in the neonate: protection against cerebral injury” with A. Schwoebel. It was published in Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews, 11(3), 160-166 in September 2011.
• Co-presented “Evidence-Based Practice: Defining the Problem & Implementing a Literature Search on the Web” and “How to Interpret a Research Article: Samples and Examples” with L. Baas Rubarth at the 27th Annual Educational Conference, National Association of Neonatal Nurses, Orlando, Florida, September 14-17, 2011
Molly Rose, FNP, PhD, Professor co-presented the paper, “Using interprofessional competencies in practice” with C.A. Arenson at the 3rd Annual Spotlight on Faculty Day, at TJU on June 6, 2011
Jennifer L. Bellot, PhD, RN, MHSA, Assistant Professor, participated in a panel discussion entitled “Advancing the Future of Nursing: A Report by the Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity (BAGNC) Alumni” with P.Archbold, D. Carthron, K. Rose, C. Shillam, and J. Vancleave at the Council on the Advancement of Nursing Science in Washington, DC in October 2011.
Rosemary Kennedy, PhD, RN, MBA, FAAN, Associate Professor was appointed to the
National Quality Forum (NQF) for quality measurement through the use of health
information technology (HIT) to assist in the development of new federal
regulations regarding electronic measurement.