Our leadership development program, Leadership LIVE, consists of a series of workshops, special events, and community service opportunities. The program is guided by our philosophy of leadership, the mission statement, student learning outcomes, and leadership curriculum. Leadership LIVE is open to students in the Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Population Health.
Leadership LIVE Guiding Statements
- Leadership development should be accessible and inclusive.
- Leadership is a process rather than a position.
- The program is informed by the Leadership Identity Development Model.
- Each individual has the capacity to develop and practice leadership within multiple contexts.
The mission of Leadership LIVE is to promote leadership as an integral aspect of higher education. We strive to empower students to be ethical leaders in the healthcare industry and the global community, teaching them that leadership is a process, not just a position. Leadership LIVE fosters an awareness of self and others, the value of teamwork, and an understanding of living and leading in diverse contexts.
By participating in this program students will be able to:
- Increase awareness of self and others in relation to leadership
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to work collaboratively
- Discuss theoretical and practical knowledge about leadership
- Understand leadership as a process
- Identify opportunities to enhance leadership development
- Engage in leadership behaviors