Department of Human Resources
Employee Benefits Overview
The Employee Benefits Section of the Department of Human Resources department is responsible for:
- Strategic benefits planning
- Plan administration and management
- Employee benefit services
From a strategic standpoint, we have designed the Jefferson employee benefits programs to:
- Be competitive
- Offer choice to meet individual needs
- Lead by offering plans that reflect the latest benefit trends
- Provide the highest level of services to employees and their families
Benefits are part of your total rewards, representing a large part of your pay. Jefferson's Benefits Program is designed to allow you to select the best benefits package for you and your family and make the most of your total rewards. We encourage you to read the Benefits Guidebook to learn about each of the benefits and the tax advantages many offer. Please select 2014 Benefits from the links above to review more information about our plans.
If you have further questions please call the HR Service Center at (215) 503-HRSC or HRQuestions@jefferson.edu.
How to get the most out of your employee benefits
- Be informed: Read the e-mails, mail sent to your home and material on the HR web-site
- Be timely: Government and other legal provisions regulate many of our plans and as a result new hires must enroll within 30 days from your date of hire. We ask you to enroll timely so that we can get your information to the insurance companies.
- Communicate: Outside of open enrollment in the Fall, you can change plans and/or add/drop dependents only if you have a life event such as marriage, divorce, death, birth, adoption. The change must be done within 30 days of the life event.
- Mark your calendar: to indicate the open enrollment time each year. This is the time you can change plans, add/drop family members, consider new payroll contributions and learn about benefit changes