Degree Programs for RNs
Take your nursing degree further with Jefferson. All coursework for our fully accredited RN programs is completed online..
For RNs with a diploma or an associate degree in nursing:
Complete the nursing major in two semesters full-time or on a part-time basis.
Students may be awarded up to 12 credits for experience that can be validated through a Portfolio Assessment for Community Health Nursing or Advanced Concepts of Nursing Leadership. A fee is assessed for evaluating the Portfolio and for posting credit awarded.
For RNs pursuing a BSN and a MSN:
Earn both the BSN and the MSN either in 27 months of full time study or on a part-time basis. The integrated curriculum enables students to take required undergraduate and selected graduate courses concurrently in order to earn both degrees.
For RNs with a degree in a field other than nursing:
- Accelerated Pathway to the MSN for Nurses with a Second Degree
Earn both a BSN and a MSN in 27 months of full-time study or on a part-time basis. While enrolled in the BSN, students earn graduate credits that may be applied toward an MSN after completion of the BSN.
All policies regarding academic achievement, progression in the nursing major and program completion for the Prelicensure student also apply to RN student.
Facts about recent Jefferson RN graduates:
- A 100% job placement rate for graduates who pursue employment following graduation
- A $55,000 to $76,000 starting salary range for BSN graduates
- A $56,000 to $100,000 starting salary range for MSN graduates
- Source: Jefferson Nursing Survey of Class of 2010 BSN and MSN graduates.
Dual-Admission Program Earn your associate degree at a Partner Community College and your BSN at Jefferson in a seamless, integrated curriculum. After earning prerequisite credit and passing the NCLEX-RN exam, you may apply for Jefferson's RN-BSN program.
Partner Community Colleges:
- Abington Hospital Dixon School of Nursing
- Atlantic Cape Community College
- Burlington County College
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Delaware County Community College
- Gloucester County College
- Luzerne County Community College
- Mercer County Community College
- Montgomery County Community College
- Roxborough Hospital School of Nursing
Click here to view the admission requirements
International students, please note:
- International students who are in the U.S. in F or J status are restricted to taking one online course per term per federal regulations.
- International students in F or J status may not enroll as part-time students.
The RN-BSN, RN-BSN/MSN, APW for RNs, MSN and DNP are online programs. As such, they are not available to international students due to federal regulations.
For more information and resources for international students, please go to the Office of International Affairs website.
Please click here to sign up for an on-campus event in order to:
– discuss prerequisite
– review curriculum
– take a campus tour
– review application