Education & Consulting Services
Jefferson School of Population Health (JSPH) offers customized professional development (PD) programs that are designed to enrich and develop the skills and knowledge of adult learners who work in health care. The School’s professional development programs emphasize transformative change and the real world application of evidence-based theory and best practices.
JSPH’s PD programs are enhanced and supported by the faculty and resources of its graduate degree programs. The division is led by a doctorally prepared educator with two decades of experience in program development, and staffed by a team of 8 (including individuals skilled in writing and editorial services).
Distinctive Learning Environment
JSPH has a unique advantage in its education programming capabilities. Situated on the Center City Philadelphia campus with Thomas Jefferson University and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, JSPH has access to expert clinicians, faculty, and state-of-the-art education facilities, including a clinical skills simulation center.
Professional development is key to creating a flexible workforce able to meet the demands of today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment. Programs can be offered to educate larger segments of the workforce, to help individuals identify areas of interest for higher education, and to help an organization identify and nurture the development of employees with leadership potential.
- Education seminars on a new best practice, treatment, or policy
- Workshops on leadership, governance, and managing change in healthcare
- Assistance with the implementation of quality and safety initiatives
The Professional Development Division can develop offerings that cover some of the key concepts as the academic offerings, but in less depth and delivered over a shorter period of time. Or, JSPH can work with your team to develop a customized curriculum tailored to the specific needs of a particular department, division or demographic (e.g., C-suite, board, clinical leaders in charge of quality).
All programs include a written evaluation tool that is tailored to program objectives and performance improvement goals. Other assessment and feedback mechanisms are available.
Flexible Schedules and Models
Courses can be offered based on your organization’s needs and timetable. Options include half-day, full day(s), and weekend offerings.
Programs can be held in one of three ways:
- On site – at your location or at JSPH
- Hybrid – on site, supplemented by synchronous (live webinars) or asynchronous online activities and assignments
- Completely Online – synchronous or asynchronous delivery (or a combination) for all classes
Cohorts for a course typically range from 10 – 25 participants, but larger programs (workshops and lecture-based education) are available for groups of 50-100.
JSPH can provide any or all of the following services to manage and support educational programs:
- Content design and development
- Faculty recruitment
- Faculty presentations
- Preparation and printing of educational materials
- Evaluation design and summary report
- On-site coordination and management of program
- Coordination of logistics (venue, audio-visual, food and beverage arrangements, and travel)
JSPH also offers a host of consulting services that support the mission of the School and the academic and continuing education programs. Examples of these services include:
- Development, design, and management of advisory boards
- Development and management of conferences, symposia, and policy forums
- Curriculum development for specialized workforce training
- Technical writing and editorial services, including the creation and production of enduring materials
For further information, including pricing, contact Associate Dean Alexis Skoufalos, EdD at (215) 955-2822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.